Boston Speeding Accidents Lawyers
Though speeding doesn’t always result in an accident, traveling at excessive speeds increases the likelihood that drivers, passengers, and pedestrians will sustain serious injuries. In addition to causing injuries, speeding accidents can result in medical expenses and property repairs that injury victims aren’t equipped to pay.
Unfortunately, despite these dangers, far too many individuals are careless behind the wheel and drive in excess of the posted speed limit, exposing those around them to undue harm. The Boston speeding accidents lawyers of Crowe & Mulvey, LLP, know that far too many motorists and pedestrians are victimized by reckless driving, and we are dedicated to pursuing the appropriate compensation on our clients’ behalf. If you have been hurt by a speeding driver, contact our attorneys to learn how we can help.
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
If you or a loved one has been a victim in a motorcycle accident, it is very likely that you are in a lot of physical pain and dealing with the repercussions from the accident. This may include dealing with injuries, emotional pain, medical bills, lost wages, and unhelpful insurance companies. This can all be very overwhelming. Adding the responsibility of getting compensation from the person who caused the accident can be too much for one person to handle.
In order to win compensation, you need to prove that the other driver was at fault and that they were negligent or careless in their driving. This requires getting police reports and proof from the scene of the accident. You are also going to have to prove the cost of your injuries. This means showing proof of medical bills and loss of wage documents from your employer. This might be nearly impossible without the help of a skilled and dedicated attorney to represent you and advocate for your needs.
Because there are so many different elements that need to be proven and also because the driver that was at fault might be equipped with their own attorney trying to advocate for them, you need to be sure you have the best representation on your side. Contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at Crowe & Mulvey, LLP to get help with your case.
Why Choose Crowe & Mulvey, LLP?
When you need a caring and compassionate personal injury lawyer to effectively handle your case, you need Crowe & Mulvey, LLP. We house some of the finest and most skilled personal injury attorneys in the state. The unique approach our firm takes makes us very successful in getting our clients the compensation they need. Instead of having just one attorney assigned to your case, you will get the benefit of an entire team of legal professionals dedicated to you. Your case will be examined from a variety of different perspectives, including our attorneys, nurses, paralegals, law clerks, and legal secretaries. They will be involved in the past, present, and future of your case. This approach has been highly effective for clients.
Causes of Speeding Accidents
Speed limits are one of the rules that citizens have to follow in order to use public roadways. The purpose of having posted speed limits is to ensure safety and reduce the probability and the severity of car crashes. When speed limits are exceeded, safety is decreased. In many cases, speeding can lead to other dangerous roadway conditions that inevitably cause car accidents. Some of these dangerous conditions can include:
- Inability to stop suddenly: Increased speed increases the time that it takes to come to a stop. In case there is a lot of traffic and cars need to stop, it is much more difficult to do so if drivers are exceeding the speed limit.
- Inability to react to sudden changes in road conditions: If road conditions worsen, like in the case of a sudden storm or rain, if a driver is speeding, they likely will not be able to react appropriately to sudden changes. In the rain, there is less traction on the tires if there is water on the road. Bad road condition plus exceeding speed limit may result in a car accident.
- Erratic overcorrection: If someone knows they are speeding and then is required to stop, they might brake very suddenly and very hard to compensate for their speed. This could prevent the vehicle behind them from reacting to the overcorrection in time. This is also the case if there is a police officer. If the speeding driver sees police, they might try to brake very fast in order to avoid getting a ticket. This can cause the person behind them to crash into them, causing devastating injuries.
- Decreased visibility: If a vehicle is speeding, this means that the road and other small vehicles like motorcycles are going to be less visible. Similarly, other vehicles may not realize a speeding vehicle is approaching when they check their mirrors. These issues could lead to a deadly lane shift that could be disastrous.
- Inability to make sharp turns: Sometimes, there is a sudden obstruction that requires drivers to turn their car to avoid. This might be nearly impossible to accomplish safely if they are exceeding the speed limit.
- Increased nervousness of other drivers: Driving requires drivers to remain calm and focused. If drivers are nervous about other speeding drivers, their anxiety can lead to nervous driving and cause an accident.
Any of these conditions could easily make driving more dangerous. Fortunately for victims, help is available in the event that they should sustain physical injuries or property damage because of a car accident caused by speeding.
Contact a Speeding Accidents Attorney in Boston
If a reckless driver’s speeding has caused you or a loved one to suffer harm, you could be eligible to hold the responsible party accountable for damages. The Massachusetts car accident attorneys of Crowe & Mulvey, LLP, understand the complications that Boston injury victims face after a serious car accident, and we want to help. To learn about the services that our lawyers can provide for you, call our offices today at (617) 426-4488.