Massachusetts Emergency Room Error Lawyers
Errors in diagnosis and treatment are very common in busy emergency rooms. The ER physician is responsible for admitting and releasing patients, and it is their job to make these important decisions as accurately as possible. The Massachusetts emergency room negligence lawyers of Crowe & Mulvey, LLP are here to help you and your family get the justice you deserve if you are forced to suffer additional pain or illness due to the carelessness or inattentiveness of ER staff.
Many patients go to emergency rooms with potentially life-threatening conditions such as heart attack, stroke, aneurysm, abdominal problems, or internal bleeding. Other patients have more common problems such as fractures or infections that should be easily treated. When a busy emergency room doctor ignores serious symptoms or misdiagnoses a condition, the patient may suffer further harm as a result.
Our Massachusetts emergency room lawyers represent families throughout New England, including Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury or death as a result of an emergency room error, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Crowe & Mulvey, LLP?
In the chaotic, fast-paced environment of an emergency room, mistakes can happen. If you are patient who is forced to endure additional pain and suffering, this is not acceptable. You trusted the emergency room staff to use reasonable care in attending to you. When they make errors, it is at your expense.
Pursuing an emergency room malpractice claim on your own is difficult, if not impossible. You deserve full and fair compensation for your injuries, and an experienced legal team will give you your best shot at securing it. At Crowe & Mulvey, LLP, our attorneys can help you through the complicated process of filing an emergency room claim. After everything you’ve been through, you need a firm you can trust. You need a firm who will provide you with the compassion, experience, and resources you need to make your claim successful.
At Crowe & Mulvey, LLP, we approach our client’s cases by having a team of professionals work on each case. Rather than just having one individual lawyer reviewing your case, nurses, legal secretaries, and paralegals will be there to assist the Crowe & Mulvey, LLP attorneys. We have recovered more than $300 million in total for our clients. We have consistently been named among the Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers. Our team knows how to get the results our clients need in order to move on from the terrible situation they have been put through. Contact Crowe & Mulvey, LLP today at (617) 404-3417 for a free consultation.
Emergency Room Cases We Handle
Unfortunately, serious mistakes happen all the time in emergency rooms. We have extensive experience helping individuals who have suffered unnecessarily due to:
Delayed treatment, which can lead to:
- Progression of the medical condition
- Infection of injuries or wounds
- Fatal heart attacks or stroke
- Injuries healing incorrectly
- Inaccurate assessment by medical staff
- Inappropriate tests ordered for a patient
- Failure to perform a thorough physical examination
When these mistakes happen, your health and well-being are put at great risk. You don’t have to stand for negligent treatment in an emergency room, and an experienced medical malpractice attorney might be able to help you take legal action. This action might not only bring you the compensation and justice that you are owed, but it could also send a signal to the doctors and management that this type of treatment is not acceptable, for anyone.
Commonly-Reported Emergency Room Errors
Most emergency room errors happen because of three broad reasons:
- Misdiagnosis: This is the most prevalent form of emergency room errors that occur. Sadly, a heart attack may result because a doctor dismissed the patient’s pain as indigestion. Conditions can worsen, treatment can be delayed, and death can occur in the worst cases of misdiagnosis.
- Delay: Any delay in treatment can be life-threatening for someone in an emergency room. While too many of our country’s nursing homes are overcrowded and the staff is overworked, there is no excuse for severely injured people to be forced to wait to see a doctor while their condition worsens.
- Neglect: In the crazy environment of the emergency room, doctors will rush their care with each individual patient in order to tend to other patients. Doctors are still required to properly examine a patient, no matter how busy the emergency room is.
Misdiagnosis, delay, and neglect on the part of the healthcare providers in the emergency room can lead to the following specific errors:
- Failing to correctly diagnose symptoms
- Minimizing the pain the patient is feeling and trying to describe
- Not running the correct lab tests
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Administering the wrong dosage of medication
- Failing to obtain a necessary consultation with a specialist
- Deviating from standard protocol
Emergency room negligence claims (like all medical malpractice cases) need to be investigated by an experienced attorney. The claim will be evaluated by medical professionals who will establish what a qualified ER physician would have done under the same circumstances. If the ER staff failed to identify your symptoms, order the correct tests, or review your medical records, their conduct might be considered negligent.
If you are released from the ER without being admitted to the hospital, you may still be able to file a negligence claim. If the staff failed to properly follow-up with you, or if they made errors in documentation or medication instructions, you could still have a valid claim. Only an experienced medical malpractice attorney can tell you if you are eligible to file, so don’t hesitate to contact Crowe & Mulvey, LLP at (617) 404-3417 for help.
Injuries Associated With Emergency Room Errors
The injuries that happen because of an emergency room error can be permanent, debilitating, and can potentially be fatal. Common injuries (which are usually preventable) that come from errors in emergency rooms include the following:
- Strokes or TIA
- Brain aneurysms
- Internal bleeding
- Heart attacks
If you believe that you have been harmed because of negligence in an emergency room, it is vital that you contact an attorney today. A lawyer from Crowe & Mulvey, LLP will listen to your side of the story, will review the treatment you received, and will consult with medical experts to determine if malpractice of any kind occurred.
The Massachusetts emergency room error lawyers at Crowe & Mulvey, LLP are ready to fight for you. If you or someone you know suffered injury or death as a result of poor treatment in an emergency room, you may be able to hold the medical providers liable. Contact a Massachusetts emergency room attorney from Crowe & Mulvey, LLP, today at (617) 404-3417 for a free consultation with an experienced member of our medical-legal team.