Lead Paint Poisoning Lawyers
Lead paint was used in many homes and buildings across the state before it was found to have adverse health effects. Older products and products manufactured outside of the United States, including children’s toys, often have lead paint on them as well. When ingested, lead paint can be harmful, especially to small children since they often put their hands in their mouths. Lead in paint cannot be smelled or tasted. Due to the highly toxic nature of lead, property owners are required by law to notify occupants of lead paint on the premises. However, many property owners fail to give notice, putting individuals in danger.
Side Effects of Lead Paint Poisoning
If swallowed, lead paint can have harmful side effects that can make one sick and even cause death. For a young or growing child, the effects are known to be especially harmful. Here is a list of some of the dangers associated with lead paint poisoning:
- Trouble hearing
- Lower intelligence and memory loss
- Slowing of body development and developmental skills, particularly in children
- Damage to the kidneys
- Behavior issues including aggression
- Appetite loss, abdominal pain, cramps, and constipation
- Trouble sleeping and fatigue
- High blood pressure
If you or a loved one is suffering from these severe symptoms of lead poisoning, you should call 911 immediately. If you suspect you have fallen ill from lead paint, you should call poison control and seek the assistance of a health care provider. Lead poisoning is dangerous, but you and your family should not have to worry about the medical bills accompanying it due to negligence.