New Hampshire Stroke and TIA Lawyer

A stroke is a serious medical emergency. If not treated appropriately and in a timely manner, the effects a stroke can have on a person’s life can be devastating, potentially resulting in permanent brain injury or death in the most tragic of circumstances. While it is not always possible to know that a person is about to have a stroke, there are sometimes symptoms, including transient ischemic attacks (TIA). Unfortunately, in many situations, medical care providers fail to identify these symptoms or do not provide effective care, allowing patients to suffer life-altering consequences as a result.

When a doctor or other medical professional’s failure to act decisively results in a patient in New Hampshire suffering serious damage from a stroke, our team at Crowe & Mulvey, LLP, believes that medical professional should be held accountable for their negligence and its ensuing repercussions. Fortunately, it is often possible for the patient and their family to pursue compensation to help them deal with the consequences.

Stroke Symptoms

While it can be difficult to identify a stroke in some circumstances, the following are common symptoms that should serve as a warning sign to medical professionals that a patient may have suffered a stroke or be suffering from one:

  • Urgent headache
  • Neck pain
  • Weakness
  • Change in vision
  • Slurred speech

When medical practitioners fail to recognize these and other possible signs of a stroke, patients are the ones who suffer as a result.

Speak with a Stroke Attorney in New Hampshire

At Crowe & Mulvey, LLP, our legal team is dedicated to fighting for the rights and interests of victims of medical malpractice. Failing to uphold medical standards when diagnosing and treating a stroke is considered medical malpractice, and if you or a loved one has been affected by such mistreatment, the medical professional who acted carelessly should be held liable. Find out how we might be able to help you pursue compensation and justice for your losses in such a situation by calling (617) 426-4488 today.