Massachusetts Medical Malpractice Attorneys
When you seek care from a medical professional, you are trusting them to act with responsibility, attention, and the highest level of ethical concern toward you. Unfortunately, many medical providers fail to administer the quality care that their patients need and deserve. If you were the victim of medical malpractice, the healthcare providers who caused your pain need to be held accountable for their actions.
The Massachusetts medical malpractice attorneys at Crowe & Mulvey, LLP have spent years fighting for individuals and families affected by medical malpractice. Our knowledgeable and compassionate lawyers have tried hundreds of cases and obtained millions of dollars for clients across New England. We understand that people rightfully expect the best care possible from physicians, nurses, and hospital staff. When healthcare providers fall short, our lawyers can fight for your right to fair compensation for your losses.
Do I Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
Medical malpractice is one of the most complicated areas of law to navigate, so it is important to reach out to an attorney if you believe that a healthcare provider caused or worsened your injuries. Our firm has the experience and resources necessary to build your case and support you throughout the legal process. A qualified attorney can work with you for the following services:
- Proving negligence: Demonstrating that your doctor acted negligently is the most important piece of any medical malpractice case. A lawyer can use your testimony and other evidence to prove that the provider failed to act reasonably and skillfully.
- Finding experts to speak for your case: Most medical malpractice cases require some sort of expert testimony to prove that the provider was negligent. Our firm has access to experts who can provide evidence to support your case.
- Negotiating a settlement: Following a painful injury or loss, many individuals decide not to take their case all the way through the trial process. An experienced attorney is still necessary for negotiations with insurance companies or the lawyers for the hospital.
- Taking your case to trial: Some cases need to go to trial to win a necessary verdict. A medical malpractice lawyer can be your advocate and fight for you in and out of the courtroom.
These are just a few of the ways a Massachusetts medical malpractice attorney from Crowe & Mulvey, LLP can win results for you. To learn more, contact our offices by calling (617) 426-4488 to set up your free case evaluation.
Why Should I Choose Crowe & Mulvey, LLP to Represent Me?
Choosing the attorney best suited for your needs is the first step toward seeking justice. At Crowe & Mulvey, LLP, we are known for our compassion towards clients and aggression in the courtroom. Here are some of the accomplishments that make us most proud:
- Super Lawyers recognition: Liz Mulvey, one of our founding partners, has been named in the top ten lawyers in Massachusetts every year since 2005.
- “The best choice”: Our clients describe us as “the best choice” for them because our attorneys actually listen to their stories and fight for meaningful results. We are willing to go the extra mile to care for you and your case.
- Team environment: When you choose to work with our firm, there will not be just one attorney on your case. We work as a team of lawyers, nurses, and experts to obtain results. This method guarantees creativity and communication every step of the way.
- Over $300 million and counting: We have won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. That means hundreds of families and individuals who needed help the most were able to get what they deserved from their case.
It is difficult to find a law firm more committed to its clients than ours. We are members of the Boston community and have fought for medical malpractice victims across New England and Massachusetts. Contact our firm to learn more about what we can do to help you.
Our Practice Areas
Although many cases of medical malpractice have similar elements, every situation is unique. At Crowe & Mulvey, LLP, we are dedicated to providing personalized attention and creative solutions to obtain just compensation for victims of malpractice. Some of the practice areas with which we have experience include the following:
- Birth Injuries: The delivery of a baby should be one of the most exciting moments in the life of a parent. Sadly, thousands of infants are affected by brain and nerve damage every year because of negligent doctors.
- Brain Injury: Damage to the brain can occur after a car accident, slip and fall, or sports injury. If left undiagnosed, even relatively minor damage can have life-threatening effects.
- Cancer Diagnosis and Screening: Preventative care is one of the primary reasons we visit physicians. When a doctor fails to diagnose any kind of cancer, they miss the window of opportunity to treat a patient in need.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a close friend or member of your family is a painful experience, but losing them to a preventable cause is even worse. You deserve to be compensated for the pain you feel after the death of a loved one.
- Wrong or Late Diagnosis: We trust doctors to provide timely and correct diagnoses when we are under their care. A late or incorrect diagnosis can cause a treatable injury to become fatal.
- Hospital Negligence: Especially when treating patients in the emergency room, hospital staffers must work as a team to ensure patients receive quality care. When hospitals fall short, they may be liable for their poor treatment.
- Anesthesia Accidents: Anesthesiologists must be as diligent as every other member of the hospital. Failure to correctly administer anesthesia can result in brain injury, blindness, or even death.
- Surgical Errors: Undergoing surgery comes with risks, but we trust surgeons to minimize any potential long-term threats to our health. Surgeons who fail to provide responsible care are at fault for damages.
- Stroke and TIA: Although strokes and mini-strokes can be sudden, there are often warning signs that a stroke is going to occur. Physicians who ignore or fail to recognize symptoms of a stroke can cause serious harm to patients.
- Robotic Surgery: This technological advancement can have advantages in the operating room when used correctly. Unfortunately, some doctors who attempt robotic surgery do not have the proper training or skill level.
- Radiology: Tests that use radiology, such as MRIs and CT scans, are useful tools for diagnosing illnesses. When doctors fail to run or misinterpret these tests, their negligence can cause illnesses to worsen.
- Cardiac Surgery: Even slight errors during cardiac surgery poses huge risks for both children and adults, including brain damage or death.
- Emergency Room Treatment: Waiting for treatment in the ER can be stressful and painful. Doctors working in emergency rooms are more likely to act with haste and ignore symptoms, tests, and proper treatment.
- Medication Errors: Prescription drugs can have lifelong consequences when they are issued in the incorrect dose, or patients are given the wrong drug. Doctors and pharmacists can both be held accountable for medication errors.
If you have been the victim of medical malpractice, our attorneys can help you understand your options in a way that is clear and compassionate.
How Much Will Hiring a Lawyer Cost Me?
The lawyers at Crowe & Mulvey, LLP believe everyone should be allowed access to affordable representation if they are the victim of medical malpractice. That is why we never charge our clients a fee unless we obtain compensation for them. Even if we review your case and determine we cannot take it, there will be no cost to you.
Massachusetts Medical Malpractice Statistics
Thousands of families are negatively affected by medical malpractice each year. The impact of malpractice injuries can hurt your relationships, ability to work, and financial stability. Even so, many victims of malpractice never come forward because they assume their case is insignificant and not important. In Massachusetts, the numbers tell a different story. According to the National Practitioner Data Bank, 2016 saw the following:
- 242 medical malpractice payments
- Over 85% of medical malpractice payments were over $50,000
- $149,400,000 awarded to medical malpractice victims
- 11,095 medical malpractice payments nationwide
- 3.65 billion dollars in payments distributed nationwide
These numbers speak for themselves. Although the aftermath of a medical malpractice incident can feel overwhelming and isolating, thousands of people across the country have received compensation for their losses. If you or someone you love was a victim of medical malpractice, you could be entitled to money for your medical bills, insurance payments, and lost wages.
Contact an Attorney Today
Following an event of medical malpractice, it can be painful to imagine pursuing a lawsuit. Taking legal action takes time and energy that you may not feel you have right now. However, if you believe you are entitled to damages, it is important that you act sooner rather than later because every state has limits on how long individuals can wait before filing a lawsuit.
The Massachusetts medical malpractice attorneys at Crowe & Mulvey, LLP have the necessary skills to help you obtain the compensation you need after a medical malpractice event. Contact us at (617) 426-4488 or send us a message on our website to begin your free case evaluation. We look forward to answering your questions and learning more about your case.