Massachusetts Hospital Negligence Lawyers
For decades, Crowe & Mulvey, LLP have been the trusted law firm that injured people in Boston and across Massachusetts have turned to when they need help the most. We have made it our mission to help those who have been harmed by others get the justice that they deserve. If you have been hurt by the negligent, careless, or reckless actions of a medical professional while in a hospital, you do not have to deal with the repercussions alone. We have helped people who have been in your same situation, and we are ready to put our knowledge and experience to work for you.
Our Massachusetts hospital negligence lawyers realize that patients in a hospital are at risk for harm due to negligence. Especially at night or on weekends, or when many different health care providers are involved, communication may be poor or non-existent, test results may be ignored, and changes in a patient’s condition may go unnoticed for long periods of time. Far too many hospitals don’t take the necessary steps to ensure that their patients get the treatment and care they need, potentially leading to serious medical complications.
Our Massachusetts hospital negligence attorneys represent families throughout New England, including Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury or illness as a result of a hospital’s negligence, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your losses. Contact a hospital negligence attorney at Crowe & Mulvey, LLP by calling (617) 426-4488 for a free consultation about your case.
Do I need an attorney?
If you have been harmed by the negligent actions of hospital staff, you may not know where to turn for help. We trust that we will be taken care of if we ever have to go to the hospital. We expect that doctors, nurses, and other staff members have our best interests in mind and will deliver the highest quality of care possible. When they fail in this duty, we may be forced to endure pain and our injuries may worsen if not treated adequately or immediately. If this happens, you do not have to suffer alone. An experienced hospital negligence attorney may be able to help you take legal action against the hospital to help you recover the fair and just compensation you need to rebuild and move on with your life.
Why Choose Crowe & Mulvey, LLP?
Major medical complexes have attorneys and insurance companies on their side that may look to diminish or dismiss your valid negligence claim. They will work hard to save themselves money and they will often put up a strong fight against any claims against them. That’s why it is critical that you hire a law firm that has experience with these types of cases and has fought and prevailed on behalf of their clients. This is one of the main reasons why people in Boston and across Massachusetts choose Crowe & Mulvey, LLP over others. We have the resources you need, including medical professionals on our staff, to ensure that your case is handled correctly and we will work to present the strongest case on your behalf. When you hire us, you get an entire team of professionals who will not rest until justice is served. We treat your case as if it were our own case. That is why so many of your friends and neighbors here in Massachusetts have trusted us to handle their claim.
Consequences of Hospital Negligence
Hospital negligence can occur in a variety of ways and as such, can negatively affect patients in a number of different ways. Some of the most serious potential issues arising from hospital negligence include:
- Lack of attention by senior doctors – Doctors owe it to their patients to pay attention to them and to be there when they are needed most. Failure to promptly diagnose and treat problems can result in a worsened condition or even death.
- Poor communication among medical staff – Medical staff needs to make sure that proper communication is upheld at all times. When shifts change, the next staff member must be updated on the patient’s condition, medications given, and things to watch out for.
- Post-surgical infections – Infections must be dealt with immediately, and failure to do so may threaten the health and life of the patient.
- Prescription medication errors – Hospital staff must be very careful with prescription medication. While it can help treat infection or pain, medication, if not properly prescribed or dosed can be deadly.
- Delays in treatment – Any delays in treatment can have devastating effects on the patient. Doctors and staff must not wait if a patient is in need of prompt medical attention.
- Patient confusion – Hospitals are often very busy places, but hospital staff must remain organized and give the proper treatment to the right patients at all times.
- Lost or delayed test results – Lost test results or a delay in processing them can be very dangerous, especially when the patient is waiting to find out about their condition.
- Surgical errors – Simply put, surgical errors should not happen. We expect our surgeons to take care when operating on us, and if they make a mistake, the consequences could be devastating.
- Anesthesia errors – An error with anesthesia is unthinkable. The pain and suffering that a patient may endure or the deadly consequences of such errors are something that no one should have to deal with.
If you have suffered injury or lost a loved one due to these or other issues while in a hospital, do not despair. We have the experience and track record of success that you need on your side if you wish to seek justice. We have experience holding hospital administrators and staff accountable for the negligent treatment of their patients, and we are ready to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Negligence on the part of hospital staff can have a devastating effect on patients. People have a reasonable expectation that their doctors, nurses, and other staff members that are attending to them are behaving according to the standards of their profession and that they are doing all they can to provide the best treatment possible. When this doesn’t happen, you or your loved ones may suffer as a result. Because we always want to keep you informed of your rights and your legal options, we have provided the answers to a few questions that we hear frequently below. If you have a specific question that is not listed here, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (617) 426-4488.
What is hospital negligence, exactly?
If a medical professional who is employed by a hospital fails to provide a reasonable and applicable standard of care to their patient and the patient is harmed as a result, the patient may be able to file a negligence claim. The standard of care is determined by identifying what a reasonable professional in their position would do, and if they would have behaved in the same manner. If they would not, the professional’s actions may be considered to be negligent.
What type of compensation might I be owed?
If you file a negligence suit and prevail, you may be owed the same type of compensation as other types of personal injury claims. This means that you may be able to secure compensation for your medical bills, future medical expenses, disability or disfigurement, loss of the ability to enjoy a normal life, loss of earning capacity, and possibly punitive damages for pain and suffering. If you lost a loved one due to the negligence of a doctor or other medical staff, you may be eligible to recover compensation for funeral costs, loss of financial support, and loss of companionship and love that the person would have provided you and your family.
When should I contact a lawyer?
You should contact an attorney as soon as possible if you have been hurt by the negligent actions of a medical professional. Some claims may have a time limit, and the longer you wait, the more difficult it may be to gather evidence to support your case. Don’t wait until it is too late, make sure to contact an experienced attorney as soon as you encounter negligence in the hospital and have suffered harm as a result.
If you or someone you know has been the victim of hospital negligence, you shouldn’t have to pay for the consequences on your own. We have made it our mission to protect victims of medical malpractice in Boston and across the state, and our team is standing by to help you. Our track record of success demonstrates our commitment to our clients and our abilities in and out of the courtroom. Don’t trust your case to just anyone. Turn to the team that can help you get the justice you deserve.
Contact a Massachusetts hospital negligence attorney at Crowe & Mulvey, LLP today at (617) 426-4488 for a free consultation with an experienced member of our medical-legal team.